Matt Woods - Head Professional
Matt was one of the youngest PGA Qualified Professionals at the age of 19. Since then he has enjoyed a succesful career playing all around the world, where he managed to win in excess of 60 professional events including a 2 time winner on the PGA Europro Tour. He also holds numerous course records including a 58 -13 at Donnington Valley. At the age of 21, Matt moved to Australia for four years. While playing in national and local events he also worked for Powerbuilt golf, designing and producing golf equipment for distribution across Australia and New Zealand.
In 2008, Matt decided to focus his career on teaching where he trained under PGA Master Professional Jonathan Yarwood.
Since then he has worked with players who have won at every level of the professional game and has had numerous junior students go on to win national and international amateur tournaments and represent England. As a coach he is motivated by the challenge of helping people improve at all levels and ultimately enjoying this great sport. Matt tailors his teaching to the individual as he does not believe in a one size fits all method, his wealth of experience as a tournament professional has given Matt a great insight to helping other golfers with more than just their golf swing. He has a wealth of experience working with all golfers across all abilities, from beginners and children as young as 4, to club golfers to tour professionals.
Matt Woods – Head Professional
|Non-Member £80||Member £70||Junior £60||Playing lesson POA||Multi Lesson Special Deal Available|
Academy Membership Stage 1 – £175
- Includes Social membership of G&S GC to include 10% discount on all beverages
- Free use of short game area & 1 bucket of range balls per week
- 1 free ‘one to one’ lesson
- Access to group lessons to be run Thursday evening, and over the weekend (days may change due to holidays and availability) first 4 lessons are free of charge, £10 per hour thereafter
- All future lessons at Full members rates
- Proshop loyalty card to include discounts on, clubs, balls, gloves, bags and logo shirts & jumpers
- £25 Levy will be added to your bar card
- Membership of this category extends until March 31st every year. If this is less than 6 months it will roll over until the following renewal if required.
- Once this membership has been completed you will be invited to upgrade to Academy plus, Flexible Membership or Full membership
Contact Kiersa for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academy + Membership Stage 2 – £300
- Includes all of the benefits of Academy membership including £25 added to your bar card plus the following:
- 6 x 18 holes or 12 x 9 holes at selected times (Check in at the Proshop to book your tee time) It is recommended you book a tee time after 2pm to give yourself time to play
- 2 buckets of range balls per week
- Access to academy competitions ( 9 holes etc Sunday afternoons )
- A Club handicap can be attained
- Academy away days organised and run by Proshop team ( there may be an extra charge to this depending on where the venue is)
- Free golf rules classes
- Membership of this category extends until March 31st every year. If this is less than 6 months it will roll over until the following renewal if required
- Once this membership has been completed you must upgrade to Flexible Membership or Full membership
- Download Academy Membership Information